oVirt Weekly Meeting Minutes

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Wed May 29 14:52:37 UTC 2013

Minutes:
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-05-29-14.00.html
Minutes (text):
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-05-29-14.00.txt
Log:
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-05-29-14.00.log.html

============================
#ovirt: oVirt Weekly Meeting
============================

Meeting started by mburns at 14:00:21 UTC. The full logs are available
at http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-05-29-14.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* agenda and roll call  (mburns, 14:00:31)
   * 3.2.x update  (mburns, 14:01:10)
   * 3.3 status  (mburns, 14:01:29)
   * other topics  (mburns, 14:01:50)

* 3.2 updates  (mburns, 14:03:24)
   * all pending builds are updated on ovirt.org/releases  (mburns,
     14:03:57)
   * expected updates coming shortly:  sdk/cli and vdsm  (mburns,
     14:04:49)
   * no other updates planned at this time  (mburns, 14:10:18)

* oVirt 3.3 status update  (mburns, 14:10:43)
   * LINK: http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.3_release-management   (mburns,
     14:11:21)
   * IDEA: delay schedule 2-3 weeks  (mburns, 14:14:08)
   * AGREED: maintainers/reps from each area will prioritize and we'll
     reschedule at next week's meeting  (mburns, 14:20:09)
   * ACTION: mgoldboi to ensure rep from each area will be present next
     week  (mburns, 14:20:41)
   * delay release and all other dates 1 month  (mburns, 14:34:08)
   * checkpoint on features still at risk in 2 weeks (12-May)  (mburns,
     14:34:41)
   * ACTION: mburns to send schedule update announcement  (mburns,
     14:35:01)
   * IDEA: all features listed on the chart that do *not* have ETA or
     must/should/optional are dropped  (mburns, 14:35:47)
   * AGREED: features missing priority or ETA are dropped on 12-May
     (mburns, 14:37:43)

* Conferences and workshops  (mburns, 14:39:40)
   * there will be a booth at Red Hat Summit (June 11-14)  (mburns,
     14:40:38)
   * presentations going on at LC Japan as well  (mburns, 14:41:21)

* infra report  (mburns, 14:44:28)
   * with the help of rackspace dcaro managed to install the rackspace
     server  (ewoud, 14:45:40)
   * installing ovirt on it so we get more jenkins slaves helping us run
     more tests  (ewoud, 14:46:10)
   * our foreman/puppet environment is starting to take shape  (ewoud,
     14:46:35)
   * work in progress on installing monitoring software (icinga) so we
     can spot out of disk space ahead of time  (ewoud, 14:47:07)

* other topics  (mburns, 14:48:11)

Meeting ended at 14:51:38 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* mgoldboi to ensure rep from each area will be present next week
* mburns to send schedule update announcement

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* mburns
   * mburns to send schedule update announcement
* mgoldboi
   * mgoldboi to ensure rep from each area will be present next week
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------