[ovirt-devel] Intro

Frantisek Kobzik fkobzik at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 13:27:40 UTC 2014

You're right, thanks!
F.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Wels" <awels at redhat.com>
To: devel at ovirt.org
Cc: "Frantisek Kobzik" <fkobzik at redhat.com>, "Colin Coe" <colin.coe at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 3:07:38 PM
Subject: Re: [ovirt-devel] Intro

On Monday, August 11, 2014 08:56:51 AM Frantisek Kobzik wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> adding closing button to the 'console resources' page should be quite easy.
>
> 1, Open this file:
> /etc/ovirt-engine/branding/50-rhev-1.brand/applications/rhev.ear/rhev.war/WE
> B-INF/client-resources.jsp 2, somewhere in the page, add this code snippet:
> <button type="button" onclick="window.close()">Close page</button>
> (or you can use <a>, or whatever you like)
>
> ... and that should do the trick.
>
> If you want to have the button localized, you can do it by adding keys to
> resources files in
> /etc/ovirt-engine/branding/50-rhev-1.brand/applications/rhev.ear/rhev.war/W
> EB-INF/classes subdirectory.
>
> If there's anything else about this, feel free to contact me!
>
> Cheers,
> Franta.

Just to add to this, I highly suggest you don't modify the RHEV branding
directly like that, a new version will override you changes. The suggested
method is to create your own branding package (possibly using the RHEV one as
a base) and make the modifications that you want there. The branding packages
are overlayed on top of each other, so if you make a new branding package your
changes will be applied last.

A good overview of how to make branding packages can be found on the ovirt
wiki [1].

Alexander

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Branding