[ovirt-devel] [ENGINE] thoughts about LinqUtils

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 02:50:44 UTC 2014

Hi Engine developers (and others :) ),
I would like to share some thoughts & questions with you about the future of LinqUtils

1. Location of LinqUtils

Currently LinqUtils resides at utils.
However, as LinqUtils contains some non engine related code, I think it should be moved to the new uutils (universal utils) project.
uutils was introduced during the work on AAA, in order to provide a set of utilities that are not engine related, and hopefully in the future will be published as a separate artifcat on
maven central (Alon, feel free to correct me here :) )

2. The name LinqUtils - Linq comes from c#. I think these days are way behind us (3 years or so now?) i would like to suggest renaming the class. CollectionUtils? Any other suggestions are more than welcome

Thanks,
Yair