[ovirt-devel] ovirt support ie7 ?

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 13:34:50 UTC 2014

Hi, sorry for my late response.

oVirt GUI (WebAdmin, UserPortal) does not support IE7.

For WebAdmin, we support IE9 and above [1].

[1] InternalConfiguration.java / SupportedBrowser

For UserPortal, we support IE8 and above. (But running
in IE8 will be slow and painful experience anyway.)

Technically, both WebAdmin and UserPortal are compiled
for IE8 and above [2] unless specified otherwise.

[2] frontend/webadmin/modules/pom.xml / gwt.userAgent

We don't support IE6-7 because they are... very old.
People still using Windows XP can upgrade to IE8.
People using Windows older than XP can upgrade to XP.

If you really want to build oVirt GUI for IE7:

  a, revert this patch:
     http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/11629/

  b, use "ie6" user agent (which covers IE6-7):
     $ make [usual stuff] DEV_EXTRA_BUILD_FLAGS_GWT_DEFAULTS="-Dgwt.userAgent=ie6"

Note that in future (upgrade to GWT 3.0) we won't be
able to support IE6-7 at all, because GWT itself will
drop support for these antique browsers.

Regards,
Vojtech