[ovirt-devel] How To Auto Set oVirt RESTApi Session?

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 12:59:21 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, December 02, 2014 09:45:49 AM 王成俊 wrote:
> Hi,awels:
>
>      Thanks for your reply!
>
>      I make this servlet to run the backend action which
> names "LoginAdminUser", because I want to check admin log in with it,so
> that my engine no need to log in through engine's loginpopupview.
>
>      But when I log in through my servlet,the restapi can not get the
> user's certificate.
>
>      Can you tell me how to set and resume the restapi session in my case?
>
>      Thanks!
>
> Best Regards!

You can login to the REST api using standard http connection techniques. For
instance basic auth you can login doing the following:

Will list the available REST api.

But I am still not clear on what you are trying to do. Are you trying to write
your own external servlet, that calls the REST api to do things for you? Or
are you trying to write a servlet that lives inside the context of the engine
and implements a new action?

Also please reply all, so we can keep the discussion on the mailing list so
other people can find it in the future.

Alexander