[ovirt-devel] where vm obeject be deleted from vmContainer when shutdown

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 11:25:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

----- Original Message -----

There is one caveat. When The VM is powered off for whatever reason,
will be still kept in Down status, to let the oVirt Engine collect
the data and make informed decision about how to do next.

"How to do next" could be just report to the user or spawn a new
VM instance elsewhere, or maybe something else. Up to Engine.

Once Engine collected the data, it sends 'destroy' to VDSM, which must
now drop the remainings of the VM and free the entry from vmContainer.

Bests,

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D