[ovirt-devel] UI Plugin to Upload ISO Files

Federico Simoncelli fsimonce at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 17:09:11 UTC 2014

> From: "Alon Bar-Lev" <alonbl at redhat.com>

The format (xmlrpc/jsonrpc) here is not much interesting, the interesting
part is the transport. In fact current download/uploadImage uses REST
GET/PUT for downloading/uploading the images (only the errors/messages are
reported with xmlrpc or eventually they could be reported with jsonrpc).

By design they were not mixed with the other control APIs (because it's
not control, it's data). And indeed it cannot be transported with
messaging.

Uploading/dowloading data to/from the host involves a data transport
(and http REST is the most commonly used). Which is exactly what you
need here, and it was in fact designed for this use case.

> this should be core feature, it cannot be implemented as plugin within the
> current monolithic implementation.

+1

--
Federico