[ovirt-devel] CORS enabled for oVirt REST API

Jenny Kang jennykang95 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 15:46:27 UTC 2014

Hello,

As part of my OPW project, I'm trying to build a mobile web UI for oVirt
but I'm having some troubles.

I cannot access the oVirt REST API because it doesn't allow cross origin
resource sharing (CORS). The only way to access the API is to host the UI
on the same IP as the engine. If it is enabled then people would be able to
run the mobile UI directly from the desktop without hosting it anywhere.

Do you have any suggestions on how to access oVirt REST API from another
host inside the browser? Any plans on enabling CORS on the REST API?

Thank you!

Cheers
Jenny