[ovirt-devel] Summary of my 3.5 oVirt Test Day - BZ1108866, BZ1108866

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Sun Jul 6 10:43:08 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I was testing two features of 3.5 in the oVirt test day

The first feature was: [RFE] Maintenance operations on a VM would ask for an optional reason (BZ1108866)
The feature provides the ability to present a message to the user regarding the reason why this VM has been shutdown.
It seems to work very well except when using shutdown while the VM is powering up or shutting down, then the message gets deleted.

The other feature I was testing was: Allow to clone a (down) VM without snapshot/template (BZ1108866)
This feature provides the ability to clone a VM from the VM itself, instead do it from a snapshot.
I have tested many different scenarios such as cloning a VM which was in PREVIEW, VM containing shared disks and read only disks.
The feature works very well, and the previewed VM which was cloned, was similar to the cloned one.

Regards,
Maor