[ovirt-devel] oVirt 3.5 Test Day Summary

Federico Simoncelli fsimonce at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 21:45:49 UTC 2014

As part of the oVirt 3.5 test day I tested:

- ioprocess, with several storage sanity tests, I hit the known bug
  bz1114499 (refreshing iso list fails) and I mostly had problems with
  the really verbose logging, filing:
  - bz1114908 - Excessive ioprocess logging in vdsm.log
  - bz1114924 - Possible missing string terminator in ioprocess logging

- vm migration progress bar, overall the feature is in good shape, I
  filed a bug for a currently unhandled corner case:
  - bz1114997 - Migration progress bar not cleaned on VM crash
  some of the relevant things I verified were:
  - fetching the migration progress from vdsm (pass)
  - reporting the migration progress in webadmin (pass)
  - reporting the migration progress in rest-api (pass)
  I also stressed the VM in order to avoid a quick convergence for the
  migration (progress bar was rising and falling accordingly).

- command coordinator, in order to test it I prepared an host with
  special patches for live-merge (qemu, libvirt and vdsm). I tested
  several times the positive flows and few negative flows killing
  the engine during the operations. I hit right away an issue that was
  introduced quite recently:
  - bz1115127 - fail to find constructors for commands
  other than that command coordinator and live merge seem in a good
  shape

Additionally I also filed:

- bz1115154 - DisconnectHostFromStoragePoolServersCommand failures

--
Federico