[ovirt-devel] Update on ovirt-appliance and ovirt-node-iso for oVirt 3.5

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 18:45:15 UTC 2014

Hello,

I just wanted to give a short update on the state of the ovirt-appliance and ovirt-node-iso for 3.5.

ovirt-node is actually in a quite good shape. An iso is available with the ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm and -hosted-engine. Both based on ovirt-node from master, which will be branched off.
The pain point is the automation.
Ryan has actually gotten the Jenkins job back into place - good job! - so that at least the rpm packages are built. And could actually be included in the nighlies, Sandro.

The automatic iso generation is still not working, due to several reasons (same as the last N months).

The appliance generation is in a slightly better state than the ovirt-node-iso generation, but is still failing when it comes to automation.
The automation is currently blocked by several issues which I tried to tackle together with David during the last week. The build automation of the appliance is actually getting most of my attention these days, as it is more likely to get the automation working.

So we are not stable yet, but we are moving into the right direction.

Greetings
fabian