[ovirt-devel] vdsm-jsonrpc-java failing builds on el6

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 16:11:43 UTC 2014

Il 18/07/2014 17:59, Alon Bar-Lev ha scritto:

> [...]

Not sure about what you mean. However,

# cat /etc/system-release
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)

# git clone git://gerrit.ovirt.org/vdsm-jsonrpc-java
# cd vdsm-jsonrpc-java/
# ./autogen.sh
# ./configure
# make dist
# rpmbuild -ta vdsm-jsonrpc-java-1.0.0_master.tar.gz
error: Failed build dependencies:
	codehaus-jackson-core-asl is needed by vdsm-jsonrpc-java-1.0.0-0.0.master.el6.noarch
	codehaus-jackson-mapper-asl is needed by vdsm-jsonrpc-java-1.0.0-0.0.master.el6.noarch

Looking at http://gerrit.ovirt.org/28974
above deps shouldn't be there.

spec changelog say:
* Tue Jun 24 2014 Piotr Kliczewski <pkliczew at redhat.com> 1.0.1
- Make jackson dependency conditional for rhel and centos

but tarball generated is still 1.0.0.

so also rpmbuild fails.

jenkins uses mock after building src.rpm from tar.gz and mock just provide build requirements and then rpmbuild the src.rpm