[ovirt-devel] ioprocess on debian

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 10:01:50 UTC 2014

On 06/25/2014 08:37 AM, Zhou Zheng Sheng wrote:
> It seems Vinzenz has taken the most of work. I took a look at the
> repository, it seems it contains only python-ioprocess and
> ovirt-guest-agent. Would it be nice if we can host all the vdsm related
> Debian packages in this repository? Then we can declare this is the more
> official repository, and I can retire my luanchpad.net PPA. But if you
> think my PPA is useful, I can update the packages in it.
I was struggling to figure out how to build for different Ubuntu
versions and have modified packages for it, and since I need to use OBS
for building openSUSE and SLE builds, I started using it also for Debian
and Ubuntu versions.

I am not sure if we would like to retire your PPA that would be a
question for Danken.
I think it'd be a great idea to have all those non Fedora/RHEL/CentOS
packages in one place and OBS seems like a pretty good option for that
because of the variety of target distributions it supports. Additionally
it supports even signing your .deb files and having one repository key
for all your repos.