[ovirt-devel] how to call the SW part of instance type?

Lior Vernia lvernia at redhat.com
Sun Jun 1 22:26:34 UTC 2014

On 30/05/14 15:17, Tomas Jelinek wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> in the instance type feature [1] there are two parts, the "instance types" (HW part of the machine) and the "something not sure how to call" (which is basically a disk image with some SW related metadata like OS type). It is inspired by the Amazon's "Instance Type" + "AMI".

Since it's similar to the existing concept of image maybe the two can be
merged; e.g. the existing one could be extended, or another type of
image could be added (I think there are quite a few already).

If not, then how about "Payload"? "VM Payload"? I'm thinking of instance
type as a container, and this would be what goes inside the container.