[ovirt-devel] engine got CDI support (finally)

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 13:46:11 UTC 2014

I just recently merged the first CDI [1] patch into master.

The patch enables the bll and common projects to have CDI supports but
there is now usage still.

Further more than the power to create managed beans one can inject
dependencies to non-manage beans, e.g all our Command instances.

All of the developers are encouraged to read and dig in a bit on the
subject to leverage the power of it.

I'll will arrange a hands on session. The slides introducing the subject
can be found here [2]

Also there's a nice mojo group for WELD [3], the reference
implementation for CDI spec. join in.

[1] http://docs.jboss.org/weld/reference/latest/en-US/html/
[2] https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-940608
[3]