[ovirt-devel] VDSM sync meeting minutes June 24th, 2014

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 14:13:05 UTC 2014

We have discussed the following matters. , I had very bad sound quality,
so please follow up on this message with things that I have missed.

3.5 features
============
- https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2014-1683/mom-0.4.1-1.el6
  is deemed unstable (but is required by vdsm)
- Last 3.5 feature has been merged in today, and the 3.5 clusterLevel is
  now reported.
- Branching is slated to 2014-06-26 but since we already have a
  way-too-long merge queue on the master branch, I may branch a bit
  earlier (to re-open the flood gates).

3.5 bugs
========
- We have a quite old bug in pthreading, causing callers of wait() to be
  woken up needlessly. A pending patch by Nir should be reviewed by
  Saggi and yours truly.

- lastClientIface is the only current hinderence known to me to moving
  to jsonrpc. Help us review Piotr's patches.

3.6 changes
===========
- New getHostLeaseStatus verb should be approved by infra

- Francesco posted a new threadpool implementation. It's implemented
  with statistics threads in mind, but should be used by storage/tasks,
  too. As such infra and storage folks should review it.

- Yoav suggests in http://gerrit.ovirt.org/28869 to change our ages-old
  log format. I like double-colon as delimiter, but I may be old
  fasioned. It's a tiny oneliner, but everybody is going to be affected
  by it, so please review it. In particular, if anybody is using an
  automated tool to parse the logs - come forward, as we may break
  things up for you.

- Domain monitor changes by Nir should be reviewed and approved by
  Federico.

Thanks for joining!
Dan.