[ovirt-devel] VDSM sync meeting minutes June 24th, 2014

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 11:15:03 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Initial draft posted in the hope to ease the review:
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/29189/
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/29190/
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/29191/

These patches will be kept in-sync with changes I make on github: testing and docs,
mostly, and adjustement of the code to make testing easier. The core concepts are there.

This is the core part - the new pool implementation; the port of the virt sampling code
and the other pieces will follow soon in separate patches.

A very valid point was raised by Nir in #vdsm:
if we choose to go ahead with this new thread pool, should this code put in a
separate project like cpopen or ioprocess?

Bests,

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D