[ovirt-devel] multipath configuration

Mooli Tayer mtayer at redhat.com
Thu Jun 26 13:24:15 UTC 2014

configfile.py was written as a utility to manage operations
vdsm does on config files. handling stuff like ovirt node persistence
and selinux management.

Consider using this for multipath. Currently it comments
and removes comments since it had to be backward compatible with
old code. I have no objection (can't speak for others though) to
replacing it's functionality with rotating[1]. It would have to be
modified to support multipth's sections.

This would effect libvirt.con, qemu.conf, qemu-sanlock.conf and others[2]

Thanks,
Mooli.

[1] we would have to think about upgrading from one method to the other:
one solution could be to remove vdsm's comments and then rotate.

[2] for a full list see configurator.py:LibvirtModuleConfigure.FILES