[ovirt-devel] Login is failing at master due to cookie hell

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Wed May 7 10:28:51 UTC 2014

On 05/07/2014 11:37 AM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Omer for the hint!
>
> Following merge of several patches HttpOnly cookie patch[1], and the new
> theme[2] (I guess), the login stopped working.
>
> The frontend is doing basic authentication against the restapi and attempt to
> move the cookie(?)? But it sending the cookie without http only marker.
>
> I do not fully understand the logic, but it may parse the cookie manually in
> order to do so?
>
> Our cookies must have HttpOnly markers so this probably need to be solved at
> the component which sends the cookie without the HttpOnly.
>
> For now, people that experiencing this, please revert[1] until we can sort it
> out.
>
> Thanks,
> Alon
>

>From ReportModel:

    public ReportModel(String baseUrl) {
        String sessionID = Cookies.getCookie("JSESSIONID"); //$NON-NLS-1$

        reportUrl = baseUrl + "/flow.html" +
"?viewAsDashboardFrame=false"; //$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$
        paramsMap.setParameter("sessionID", sessionID); //$NON-NLS-1$
        paramsMap.setParameter("_flowId", "viewReportFlow");
//$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$
        paramsMap.setParameter("active_hosts_select", //$NON-NLS-1$
               "AND+delete_date+IS+NULL"); //$NON-NLS-1$

        String currentLocale =
LocaleInfo.getCurrentLocale().getLocaleName();
        paramsMap.setParameter("userLocale",
(currentLocale.equals("default") ? "en_US" : currentLocale));
//$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$ //$NON-NLS-3$
    }

This code gets the value of the JSESSIONID cookie, which is now
forbidden, the net result is NPE that blocks the rest of the process.

Why wasn't this detected during the verification of the change that made
the cookies HTTP only?

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain