[ovirt-devel] [URGENT][ACTION REQUIRED] oVirt engine on branch 3.5 doesn't build anymore

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 14:08:23 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

I'd say that validating GWT messages should be done in an automated way
as part of the Java build, without the need to GWT-compile all locales.

So far we didn't do this, but we should; we can't expect CI to build all
locales for each patchset.

One approach is to generate tests via Java annotation processor invoked
when Maven runs through "generate-test-sources" phase, for example:

  @Valid // annotation borrowed from Java validation API (JSR-303)
  public interface ApplicationMessages ...

I'd rather prefer this over maintaining GWT message tests by hand.