[ovirt-devel] oVirt engine host not starting due to undetected emulated machines

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 15:22:56 UTC 2014

Hi!

Following on fromani investigation, I'm moving the issue to the devel
list.

The issue is that on one of our oVirt setups, with an all-in-one
installation, the host has been set as 'non operational' and it can't
be started, when trying to start it it complains with the error:

Host local_host does not comply with the cluster local_cluster
emulated machines. The Hosts emulated machines are
rhel6.4.0,pc,rhel6.3.0,rhel6.2.0,rhel6.1.0,rhel6.0.0,rhel5.5.0,rhel5.4.4,rhel5.4.0
and the cluster is rhel6.4.0}

But looking at getVdsCaps you can see it does:
	emulatedMachines = ['rhel6.4.0',
	                    'pc',
	                    'rhel6.3.0',
	                    'rhel6.2.0',
	                    'rhel6.1.0',
	                    'rhel6.0.0',
	                    'rhel5.5.0',
	                    'rhel5.4.4',
	                    'rhel5.4.0']

I found out when I had to restart libvirtd to free the logfile (/tmp
out of space), then the vms showed as paused, and when trying to start
them is when I found out that the host was in non operational status.

@fromani If I'm leaving something out, please complete :)

Thanks!

--
David Caro