[ovirt-devel] physical disk management for gluster in vdsm

Saggi Mizrahi smizrahi at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 08:04:46 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

I would prefer not depending on something like openlmi. It replicates or
goes against ovirt topology. There is no reason for VDSM to call open something
that calls something that goes back to the host and runs fdisk.

I would suggest implementing our own wrappers over the regular linux tools
or something local like blivet[1] (used by anaconda).

In general I would like to avoid depending on other daemons as much as possible.
We are already having a lot of trouble managing libvirtd and superVDSM.

[1] https://github.com/dwlehman/blivet