[ovirt-devel] JPA in oVirt

Liran Zelkha liran.zelkha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:43:07 UTC 2015

Hi

After a very long development cycle, we have finally introduced CDI and JPA
technologies into oVirt.
This means that in the next few month you'll see more and more of our
stored procedures replaced with JPA code, which will allow us to have
easier entity mapping and enjoy performance boost with caching.

Some things to keep in mind:
1. When implementing a DAO class, please make sure to annotate it with the
@Named and @Singleton annotations.
2. The engine-daos.properties file is no longer needed, and is removed from
our code.
3. If you want to migrate your own DAO to work with JPA, please look at the
Bookmark, BookmarkDaoDbFacadeImpl and BookmarkDaoTest classes (see patch
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/33836/).

There is a simple infrastructure that will allow you to do most of the
things you need quite easily. If something is missing - please drop me an
email to lzelkha at redhat.com - I'll be happy to assist.

Thanks for everyone who took part in this effort - Oved, Moti, Roy, Yevgeny
and everyone else.