[ovirt-devel] If you fail to log in to gerrit

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 08:42:53 UTC 2015

Hi!

There was some confusion the latter days regarding the fact that google stopped
supporting openid 2.0, making it impossible to authenticate with a google
account on the gerrit service, let me give you some guidance for those that
still have the issue.

You'll need another openid account anywhere else, fedora openid is cleaner and
easier to set up on gerrit but anything else can do.

IMPORTANT: If you haven't logged in on gerrit with the new openid, don't do it.
If you did, don't review or comment any patches with it, use ssh [1] instead.

=== For fedora openid, if you haven't logged with it yet
Send an email to infra at ovirt dot org with the fedora user and the old
account email. We'll add it and you'll be good to go.

=== For any other provider or if you logged in with the new account
If you did not yet, log into gerrit with the new account to create a new user.
Then go to settings->account and send the account id shown there and the old
account email to infra at ovirt dot org, log out and wait for ack on our side.

This last method, might create duplicated accounts, if it did, send an email to
infra with the account duplicated email and we will fix it.

We are working on getting the googole supported again, but the new protocol is
not yet supported officially by gerrit and requires potentially dangerous
modifications. So I reccommend having more than one openid linked, as a best
practice anywhere.

Cheers

--
David Caro