[ovirt-devel] CI and infra request

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 10:26:37 UTC 2015

Hi!

I'd like to make a request to all the ovirt developers ad contributors
regarding the CI and infra of the project.

As you know, the environment is not as stable as it should, and at the infra
team we don't have enough manpower to maintain it by ourselves [1], so I'm
asking you for help, the main ways that you can help us is:

* Notifying us of any unattended errors in the tests if they look infra related
  - You can open tickets to trac here [2]
* Helping troubleshoot non-working jobs
* Helping migrate jobs to yaml [3]
* Helping migrate jobs to the new automation structure [4]

[1] Doing a rough quick ugly math, yesterday we ran 3508 builds of around 459
different jobs, on 27 slaves, and we don't have anyone 100% dedicated to it
(I'm the infra member that can spend more time there, and it's not all of it).

[2] https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/

[3] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/admin/projects/jenkins

[4] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/37653/

Thanks!