[ovirt-devel] [VDSM] about improved libvirt-python bindings

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 13:49:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

----- Original Message -----

My point here is libvirt and oVirt have slightly misaligned path.
This is absolutely expected and OK, since libvirt should and can not
only serve the purposes of oVirt, but a much broader scope!

Nowadays we (oVirt, VDSM in particular) just consume the libvirt python API
and we fix the mismatches in our own application code.

Most often is a no-brainer, sometimes is annoying.
Especially also given the recent efforts to improve and enhance the scalability
of VDSM, we may need (today or tomorrow) a different approach.

The one I'm offering is *a* potential solution (IMVHO pretty fitting),
hence my discussion here :)

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D