[ovirt-devel] Gerrit restart

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 12:34:03 UTC 2015

On 02/23, Nir Soffer wrote:
> [...]

This has always been like that as far as I remember. Not a new issue. Actually
now it allows you to scroll instead of letting the text go all the way out the
screen, I think it's an improvement.

> 2. The changes view (http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/dashboard/self)
>    Show a new "Status" column, which has two issues:
>    - Showing "Draft" or "Merge Conflict" - these are separate
>      concepts

That's a design decision, nothing we can do about. Feel free to develop a ui
plugin to hide it if it bothers you, this new version allows it (the old did
not).

>    - Showing "Merge Conflict" when there is no merge conflict
>      Example: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/38044

You can't cherry-pick that patch into master directly (vdsm project submit
type is cherry-pick):

01:16 PM ~/Work/redhat/ovirt/vdsm  (master|✔)
dcaro at brete$ git fetch ssh://dcaro@gerrit.ovirt.org:29418/vdsm refs/changes/28/38028/1
remote: Counting objects: 745, done
remote: Finding sources: 100% (29/29)
Unpacking objects: 100% (29/29), done.
From ssh://gerrit.ovirt.org:29418/vdsm
 * branch            refs/changes/28/38028/1 -> FETCH_HEAD
01:16 PM ~/Work/redhat/ovirt/vdsm  (master|✔)
dcaro at brete$ git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
error: could not apply 53f59a7... virt: Extract Vm.__extendDriveReplica method
hint: after resolving the conflicts, mark the corrected paths
hint: with 'git add <paths>' or 'git rm <paths>'
hint: and commit the result with 'git commit'
01:17 PM ~/Work/redhat/ovirt/vdsm  (master|✖ 1✚ 1)
dcaro at brete$

> 3. The new "Conflict with" pane seems incorrect about patches
>    which do not conflict (at least not when merged in the correct
>    order of dependencies).
>    Example: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/37727

I don't think it's taking into account the deps, the conflict seems to be
calculated from path to path directly. Feel free to open a but to gerrit if you
think any of those issues should not be there or it's a bug.

 https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/list

> So this seems to be a regression. Can we test such upgrades
> with our data before we deploy them?

Sure, I'll ping you to do the testing next time we plan an upgrade, I'll have
to trim down some of the data but I'll gladly spend some time on it to provide
you with a working dataset you can install and test before the upgrade.