[ovirt-devel] UI Plugin to Upload ISO Files

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Fri Jan 2 09:40:42 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Itamar Heim" <iheim at redhat.com>

these requirements are for core product feature, while I guess Tony is after a solution to bridge the gap of the missing basic product feature within his environment. his solution is the most simple to solve his local problem, please assign core developer(s) to resolve the generic problem. Expecting a contributer to apply something the product was not designed for or to fix the entire product is incorrect.

we have long way to enable pluggable server side logic; we have no stable interface for authentication check (although we plan to have one for 3.6), we have no stable xmlrpc wrapper, not to mention that the xmlrpc should be obsoleted once the json rpc is out, we do not have access to dao to obtain information about entities, we do not have stable interface to engine key and track its usage, we do not have restapi extensions to extend server side functionality, I guess we do not have many more, as engine was never designed as modular extensible component.

we should also consider dropping the image upload to vdsm in favor of glance, so that core product will support glance directly either by embedding it or by delegating into it. this will enable us to retire the xmlrpc entirely as far as I understand, it will also enable to implement similar functionality of what initially requested within this thread.

Regards,
Alon