[ovirt-devel] [!!Mass Mail]Re: VM won't start because of -incoming flag after upgrading to alpha-2

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 07:22:43 UTC 2015

On Jul 8, 2015, at 09:08 , Sven Kieske <S.Kieske at mittwald.de> wrote:

> On 07/07/15 13:36, Francesco Romani wrote:
>> but if you suspended on qemu and resumed on qemu-kvm-ev, or vice
>> versa, then I'm not sure this flow is supported (AFAIR, it isn't).
>
> I wonder why that should not be supported, afaik the only
> difference between qemu-kvm and qemu-kvm-ev is the enabled
> flag to allow live migrations.
>
> I can't see why this would introduce a flag of "-incoming"
> on the qemu command line.

I don't think any wrong version would introduce such a thing.
-incoming is used internally on all VMs incoming migrations, that includes a resume from suspended state - which is the case here.
It's just that resume is failing as the stored state file is probably corrupted

> is there a technical reason why this is not supported?
> or is this just a "you moved from binary name a to b, so it's not
> supported" case, no matter the almost 100% exact same content
> within those binarys?

When on the same version - mostly as you say, yes.
But starting with RHEL 7 you may have noticed different major version of QEMU in base RHEL/CentOS and what we deliver as part of qemu-kvm-ev. It's more close to latest Fedora versions, yet it's significantly different