[ovirt-devel] ovirt-engine related fedora 21 builds in jenkins

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 11:54:17 UTC 2015

Hi,
while dropping fc20 builds from master as announced 2 weeks ago[1] I've seen that several packages implying ovirt-engine availability on fc21 were
still built on jenkins also if we dropped fc21 support for 3.6 in favor of fc22.

Since there's no commitment from integration team and from infrastructure / CI team to support FC21 I would have liked to drop them.
I've been stopped doing that since it seems there are developers using fc21 as development environment.
I'd like to understand why.

I would have understood having developers stuck on fedora 20 for supporting 3.5 and I totally understand developers already on fedora 22.
But being fedora 21 the only unsupported version I don't see any real reason for keep wasting CI resources on such distribution.

Is there any serious motivation for keeping fedora 21 engine related builds in jenkins?
I may understand keeping vdsm related builds since vdsm is supposed to work on fc21 also for 3.5 so i've no objection in keeping vdsm and its deps on
fc21 as long as vdsm team supports it.

Thanks,
--
Sandro Bonazzola