[ovirt-devel] useless warnings in engine.log

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 13:09:02 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 08:23:20 AM Omer Frenkel wrote:
> Hi,
> lately i noticed my engine.log filled with useless warnings, every 30 secs:
> 2015-07-15 15:03:38,961 WARN
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.branding.BrandingFilter] (default task-38) []
> Detected Locale is null, setting to default 'en_US' 2015-07-15 15:04:08,964
> WARN  [org.ovirt.engine.core.branding.BrandingFilter] (default task-41) []
> Detected Locale is null, setting to default 'en_US'

Basically that warning is created by the BrandingFilter, in response to a
missing locale attribute in the request object. The LocaleFilter should have
the object in there. Instead of blowing up, it defaults to English and writes
the warning. So this does indicate there is something wrong with your setup.
Can you determine which URL is being called that is causing the problem?

If not change line 62 in the BrandingFilter from:
log.warn("Detected Locale is null, setting to default '{}'",
LocaleFilter.DEFAULT_LOCALE);

log.warn("Detected Locale is null, setting to default '{}'",
LocaleFilter.DEFAULT_LOCALE, ((HttpServletRequest)request).getRequestURL());

This will require you to import HttpServletRequest, but your IDE should be
able to do that for you.

In short, this should never happen as the LocaleFilter should run before
BrandingFilter, and it is guaranteed to populate the locale attribute.