[ovirt-devel] Running oVirt 3.5 on fc21 with open jdk 1.8 (dev)

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 12:40:34 UTC 2015

Hi

I upgraded my workstation from fc20 to fc21 and had troubles running engine-setup on a 3.5 application.
The following instructions did the trick to me (Thanks to Alon Bar Lev)

1) Download jboss-eap-x.y from http://www.jboss.org/products/eap/overview/ (zip)
2) Extract it to /opt (insure that it has the right permissions)
3) set the following environment variables :
   a) export OVIRT_ENGINE_JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre
   b) export OVIRT_ENGINE_JAVA_HOME_FORCE=1
4) run engine-setup as follows :
   engine-setup --jboss-home=/opt/jboss-eap-x.y

Thanks
Eli Mesika