[ovirt-devel] Registration duplication?

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 13:42:37 UTC 2015

Hey,

I've seen that some new code landed to support Engine registration
using the generic registration approach.

But it seem that we now have two implementations:

1. vdsm-tool register [0]
2. ovirt-register [1]

To reduce code duplication I'd suggest to drop one of these approaches
before we enter 3.6.
Or are there reasons for keeping both of them?

My take is to keep ovirt-register which is independent and would allow
us to add plain hosts to Engine (host-deploy is then taking care of
the rest IIUIC).
The vdsm-tool approach reuqires vdsm to be installed.

Thoughts?

Greetings
fabian

---