[ovirt-devel] upgrade script failing in latest master

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Mon Jul 27 19:24:53 UTC 2015

On Monday, July 27, 2015 03:07:19 PM Greg Padgett wrote:
> On 07/27/2015 02:48 PM, Alexander Wels wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I run engine-setup in the latest master I get the following error in
> > my setup log:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> It looks like a bug.  The upgrade script casts the
> vm_static.dedicated_vm_for_vds value to a UUID, but in VmBaseDaoDbFacade
> we see that this field may consist of a comma-delimited list of UUIDs.
>
> To work around it for now you can update the offending
> vm_static.dedicated_vm_for_vds values to have only a single UUID.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know the "proper" fix (guessing vm_host_pinning_map
> needs one value per UUID in dedicated_vm_for_vds?), but this should at
> least get you up and running.

Aha, that tells me what the problem is, I have been working on a UI change to allow
one to select multiple hosts to run a VM on. And I believe the result is a comma
separated list of host ids. I had one of my VMs still marked for 2 hosts, and as soon
as I changed that to one host, this problem went away.

Of course immediately a new one showed up...

2015-07-27 15:11:47 DEBUG otopi.context context._executeMethod:141 Stage misc
METHOD
otopi.plugins.ovirt_**FILTERED**_setup.ovirt_**FILTERED**.config.public_glance_reposi
tory.Plugin._misc
ERROR otopi.context context._executeMethod:164 Failed to execute stage 'Misc
configuration': function inst_add_glance_provider(unknown, unknown, unknown,
unknown, unknown) does not ex

Again, this is strange as I do have that function in my database, and it looks like the
appropriate fields are there.