[ovirt-devel] Possible documentation fixes - advice needed

Gina Likins glikins at redhat.com
Wed May 20 19:33:18 UTC 2015

Hi all-

I am new to this, so please bear with me. I was researching oVirt, looking for information on "developer guidelines," and I found some, but they weren't all connected or linked iin from the same page.

I think I can fix that (and I've been given wiki permissions), but I want to make sure I'm not doing something really stupid before I do.

What I think should happen is that this page:

http://www.ovirt.org/Backend_Coding_Standards

should have links to the following pages on it:
* http://www.ovirt.org/Vdsm_Coding_Guidelines
* http://www.ovirt.org/Infra_Bash_style_guide
* http://www.ovirt.org/Community_guidelines#Code_submission_guidelines
* http://www.ovirt.org/Building_oVirt_Engine/IDE --> see section about engine and Checkstyle: "Make sure that you import the engine code formatter into eclipse before starting development. The engine maven build uses checkstyle to check coding standards. One of the standards checked is that the code should not contain tabs or trailing whitespaces. Since eclipse inserts tabs by default for code formatting, you can end up with a lot of compilation errors in command line maven build if you don't follow this (and the next) step."

And this page: http://www.ovirt.org/DevProcess  should have a link to
http://www.ovirt.org/Backend_Coding_Standards on it

If I don't hear from anyone, I'll make these changes on Friday.  If I have it wrong, tell me so and I won't make the changes.

Thanks!

-gina

-----
Gina Likins