[ovirt-devel] oVirt 3.5 and 4.0 on the same devel machine

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 19:57:02 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 09:43:45 PM Shmuel Melamud wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've recently upgraded to Fedora 22 and openjdk-1.8, as latest master
> requires it for building.
>
> But today I needed to run 3.5 and it refused to run on 1.8. I patched
> share/ovirt-engine/bin/java-home and after that it started and hanged up on
> 'Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8787'.
>
> Is it possible somehow to run 3.5 on 1.8 or to install 1.7 and 1.8
> simultaneously on Fedora 22? I'd like to avoid deployment of VM with old
> Fedora and separate development environment in it to run 3.5...
>
> Shmuel

Make sure you have both java 1.7 and 1.8 installed as well as both Jboss 7.1.1
final and wildfly. Then just set your JAVA_HOME to point to either 7 or 8
depending on what you are working on and the same with JBOSS_HOME

But honestly it is just easier to have a VM with the correct development
environment configured that is what I do.