[ovirt-devel] [2015-11-23] Weekly infra team status

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 14:41:24 UTC 2015

Hi everyone, last week updates:

* Jenkins upgraded to 1.638 from 1.60
    This change cause a little havoc on friday builds, as the upgrade was not
    as easy as it used to, there was an issue with the slaves config that
    reverted it to an old version, making most of the slaves unavailable and
    the available ones unstable, that was fixed on friday too, but due to
    another unrelated network issue, it persisted a bit more than expected.
    Thanks amachuk++!

* Network outage on friday
    On friday there was an issue with the vendor that provides communication
    between the PHX datacenter and europe, causing a huge delay and instability
    in the network, affecting the upgrade process above, it was partially
    solved on friday evening, and it's totally solved now.

* Repoproxy issues
    On sunday there was a few hours where one of the mirroring services we have
    on phx stopped working and made any jobs that use it fail (with unable to
    contact repo), that was solved on site and most of the patches affected
    were retriggered manually, thanks eedri for handling this.

    NOTE: So for all that have failed jobs from friday/saturday/sunday that
    were not retriggered, to get it retriggered just take note of the last
    patch in the change that changed something more than just the commit, then
    go to [1] and enter the change-id/commit-id, **make sure you hit the
    'Inclued All Patchsets' checkbox, then tick the change with more than just
    commit changes, and hit 'trigger selected'. That will retrigger the tests
    only for that patch, but the result of that run will be propagated to all
    the patches that have no code changes from that one.

        [1]: http://jenkins.ovirt.org/gerrit_manual_trigger/

* Github group
    We started adding people to the Github organization to get more visibility
    in Github for the oVirt project, and so far we have 41 members :)
    Just make sure to set yourself as 'public' member there, so anyone can see
    you are part of it!

    If anyone has not received the invite, please send me an email or ping me
    on irc and I'll send you one.

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.