[ovirt-devel] Where should the answer file for the improved HE flow be located?

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 08:22:32 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 10:36 PM, Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hey,
>> >
>> > lately we had the issue that the answer file for the engine in the HE
>> > flow changed (it required an additional answer).
>>
>> "in the HE flow" specifically?
>>
>> As discussed in private, this might best (?) be solved by adding an option
>> to engine-setup which will make it accept the default answer for each
>> question
>> where a default is supplied.
>>

> Yes, this one is probably the best option but it requires to add an
> additional CLI option and tweak otopi dialog to handle it if required so
> the impact is not that small.
> On my opinion is the way to go for 4.0 but for 3.6.0 it would be much
> simpler to just add the missing value in the appliance answerfile.

I agree that a shortcut for using defaults may be useful in general, not
only for tha HE flow.
+1 for adding it in 4.0. For 3.6 we should keep the existing architecture,
as far as I understood, the only issue we had was a missing key in the
answer file and it has been already solved.
I also think we should keep the answer file where it currently is for 3.6
scope.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com