[ovirt-devel] [oVirt 3.6 Localization Question #31] "connectAutomaticallyMessage"

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 16:58:16 UTC 2015

Hi Yuko,

This is an explanation for the "Connect Automatically" option
in the "Options" dialog in the user portal [http://i.imgur.com/cg4IOCJ.png].

It means:
[if the "Connect Automatically" option is checked,] In case
the ovirt-engine has ("knows") the user's password [1] -
connect to the first running VM ("first" == in the displayed
VMs list), if there is one [2], immediately upon login to the
user portal.

[@Michal - for your consideration:] For better understanding
of the message, I would at least introduce some punctuation
to this sentence; something like:

"""
If ovirt-engine has the user's password: Connect automatically
to the first running VM, if there is one, on User Portal login.
"""

----
Thanks,
Einav

[1] I imagine that there are cases in which the ovirt-engine
doesn't know the user's password, e.g. in case there is an SSO
service configured outside of the ovirt-engine context which
takes care of the user authentication, hence "hiding" some of
the authentication details (e.g. the user's password) from
the ovirt-engine.

[2] maybe there are no VMs at all (because the user doesn't
have any VMs assigned to him), or maybe all the VMs that the
user has are down.