[ovirt-devel] Adding /etc/ovirt-release

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Fri Sep 11 15:43:30 UTC 2015

Hey,

I'd like to make it easier to discover what oVirt release is
installed, and what potential variant (i.e Node) is used.
Currently we are using some Node specific files to identify this "variant".

With this patch [0] I'm suggesting to add the /etc/ovirt-release file,
with the following contents:

NAME=oVirt
ID=ovirt
VERSION="4.0 (master)"
VERSION_ID=4.0
PRETTY_NAME="oVirt 4.0"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/a:ovirtproject:ovirt:4.0:dev"
VARIANT=""
VARIANT_ID=

The variables are close to what is used by Fedora and CentOS.
The variant field is left empty by default, but can be populated with
defined values for variants like Node or i.e. a container variant.

A CPE [1] is also included for convenience.

Thoughts?

- fabian

--
[0] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/46067/