[ovirt-devel] [oVirt 3.6 Localization Question #31] "connectAutomaticallyMessage"

Yuko Katabami ykatabam at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 09:39:13 UTC 2015

Hi Michael,

Yes, it is in the master version of zanata ovirt project, which should be
from master branch of your repo, I suppose.

Kind regards,

Yuko

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Michal Skrivanek <
michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2015, at 10:23 , Michal Skrivanek <michal.skrivanek at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 9, 2015, at 18:58 , Einav Cohen <ecohen at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Yuko,
> >>
> >> This is an explanation for the "Connect Automatically" option
> >> in the "Options" dialog in the user portal [
> http://i.imgur.com/cg4IOCJ.png].
> >>
> >> It means:
> >> [if the "Connect Automatically" option is checked,] In case
> >> the ovirt-engine has ("knows") the user's password [1] -
> >> connect to the first running VM ("first" == in the displayed
> >> VMs list), if there is one [2], immediately upon login to the
> >> user portal.
> >>
> >> [@Michal - for your consideration:] For better understanding
> >> of the message, I would at least introduce some punctuation
> >> to this sentence; something like:
> >>
> >> """
> >> If ovirt-engine has the user's password: Connect automatically
> >> to the first running VM, if there is one, on User Portal login.
> >
> > Alex acked it this way, though I agree, it does look a bit confusing to
> me as well.
> > Is anyone a native speaker?:-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > michal
> >
> >> """
> >>
> >> ----
> >> Thanks,
> >> Einav
> >>
> >> [1] I imagine that there are cases in which the ovirt-engine
> >> doesn't know the user's password, e.g. in case there is an SSO
> >> service configured outside of the ovirt-engine context which
> >> takes care of the user authentication, hence "hiding" some of
> >> the authentication details (e.g. the user's password) from
> >> the ovirt-engine.
> >>
> >> [2] maybe there are no VMs at all (because the user doesn't
> >> have any VMs assigned to him), or maybe all the VMs that the
> >> user has are down.

Regards,

Yuko Katabami
RHEV/RHELOSP Localization Lead
Senior Technical Translator
NAATI Accredited Professional Translator (English into Japanese) #28138
RHCSA #111-119-244
*Mobile:* +61 415 847 352
*Email:* ykatabam at redhat.com

*Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd*