[ovirt-devel] [ACTION REQUIRED] vdsm_master_build-artifacts-fc23-x86_64 is failing due to missing dep on fc23 .packages

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 11:36:45 UTC 2016

Nir Soffer <nsoffer at redhat.com> writes:

> Or maybe we should remove the build requirements from the spec, since it is
> not a portable solution (e.g. debian), and have simple list of packages for each
> supported platform.
>
> Milan, what is the solution that will work best for debian?

I think it's not much feasible to track lists of packages for (very)
different supported platforms reliably in upstream.  It's better to have
one reliable authoritative source, such as the current rpm spec, and let
the other downstream package maintainers track it and apply the
corresponding changes for their platforms.