[ovirt-devel] [vdsm][virt] what's new in virt (20160202) - delayed!

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 14:44:43 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Here it is a new weekly summary about what's going on on virt's world (VDSM edition).
Apologies for the delay for the new summary! Last weekend we had FOSDEM and the next
we will have Devconf.cz,  so this is gonna be a calm weelk

General directions:
* Francesco: cleanups and refactorings for migration_enhancements, recovery.py cleanups,
  the `convirt' module
* MartinPolednik: the final bits to his 'cpuarch/cpuinfo' topic are not yet in!
  - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:master+topic:cpuinfo
* Milan: is working on debian packaging, and tackling vmdevices cleanup, as well as the switch to etree.
* Shahar: is working on extending v2v to support Xen
  - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:master+topic:v2v-xen
* Vinzenz: more bugfixes for Guest Agent, started working on Guest Lifecycle Events (and Hooks).
  - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:master+topic:guest-lifecycle-events

Patch topics in need of attention
* Tomas/MartinBetak
   (not yet in need of attention, but are worth a look to have an early preview._
   Tomas and MartinBetak did a joint effort to implement the Vdsm side of
   http://wiki.ovirt.org/Features/Migration_Enhancements
  - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:master+topic:migration-enhancements
    we are working to make some patches more clearer:
   * https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/46940/12 - could perhaps be split?
   * https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/47734/ - simple and ready from long time but depends on 46940
   * MartinBetak's patches are mostly ready as well, but they depend on my
     https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/49570/ - still needs some polishing.
     Please note that my 49570 replaces Martin's https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/47087/
* Francesco: it seems the patches are receiving attention
* MartinPolednik: it seems the patches are receiving attention
* Milan: it seems the patches are receiving attention
* Shahar: it seems the patches are receiving attention
* Vinzenz: it seems the patches are receiving attention

Single patches in need of attention:
* Francesco:
  - N/A
* MartinPolednik: