[ovirt-devel] vdsm-cli dependency

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 20:47:39 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Michal Skrivanek
<michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:

>> On 19 Feb 2016, at 00:04, Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I see that vdsm-cli is installed during the host addition flow.
>> But why isn't it a dependency if vdsm if it is required?
>
> I’d guess it’s just a convenience
> It’s not required for anything else except HE, so if anything it should be a dependecy of that

It is required in the normal flow.
I installed vdsm on a host, then disabled all repositories and added
the host to Engine.
This host addition failed, because vdsm-cli was missing - so it seems
to be a mandatory part of the deploy.

Actually - I think it's just required by the deploy process, and maybe
not directly by vdsm.
So it could also be considered to drop it from the host-deploy yum transacton.

I'm not sure what the right fix is.

- fabian

>> - fabian

Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com>