[ovirt-devel] ovirtm Hosts reinstall button

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Sun Feb 21 18:32:39 UTC 2016

Hi Paul,

The 'reinstall' will attempt to install the latest version of vdsm, it will
enroll certificates for the host and more, but if the host was already
installed in the system, it will not attempt to re-configure the network.

In your case, there seems to be a mismatch between the repositories (of
yum) configured on the host to the cluster level.
In order to support the host within 3.6 cluster, the host should have the
3.6 repo configured (http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/)
Then 'reinstall' will update the latest version of 'vdsm' and will
configure it.

Regards,
Moti

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Paul Dyer <pmdyermms at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anyone explain what this button does?   I have looked in the
> documentation but have found no reference to it.    Will reinstall only
> install packages and setting for the host, and leave
> cluster/storage/networks alone?
>
> I have a cluster version 3.6.2 that will not Activate the host because the
> message "Host .. is compatible with versions (3.0,3.1,3.2,3.3,3.4,3.5) and
> cannot join Cluster...".   The host was part of a 3.5 cluster until the
> upgrade to 3.6.2.
>
> Thanks a million,
>
> Paul
>

> --