[ovirt-devel] Mount using 'localhost' in oVirt and Gluster HC use case

Ramesh Nachimuthu rnachimu at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 11:43:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

  I am trying to explore the possibilities of using localhost to mount the glusterfs volume in oVirt/Gluster HC deployments. In HC use case, all the nodes in the cluster will be part of the gluster cluster anyway. So we can just use 'localhost' to mount the gluster volume for storage domain. In this way, we can avoid most of the glusterfs mount problems and don't need the backup vol file server support. Also we can enable libgfapi support for glusterfs storage domain. Do you see any issue with this approach?

Regards,
Ramesh