[ovirt-devel] vdsm meeting summary - 23.2.16

Yaniv Bronheim ybronhei at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 08:59:22 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Nir Soffer <nsoffer at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 6:30 PM, Yaniv Bronheim <ybronhei at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> (Nir, Adam, YanivB, Dan, Milan, Piotr, Francesco, Martin Polednik, Edward)
>>
>> - Some of us started to work on refactoring for python3, basic file
>> movements and improving testings
>>
>>  - We added functional tests to check-merged automation script -
>> currently, for some reason, it doesn't run tests that require root. I'm on
>> it.
>>
>>  - if anyone know that their functional tests work good please add them
>> to the list
>> so they will run each merge
>>
>>  - moving code from supervdsmServer to supervdsm_api - follow
>> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/53496 and move also virt, storage and sla part
>>
>>  - Nir says to use the weekly contact from storage team to help with
>> verification about storage code changes- I'll try to reach them next week
>> to test direct LUN
>>

> Tal should know who is the qe contact

can you publish it somewhere or send mail to the devels when you change
shifts?
I struggle with testing specific rpms with ovirt-system-tests currently -
it requires some tweaks there and I prefer to trust your verification - I
moved blkid, parted_utils, hostdev, alignmentScan - how do you suggest to
approve that it didn't break anything (https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/53897/4
)

>>   - I also wanted to use lago basic_suite (ovirt-system-tests) to run
>> full flow from specific vdsm commit - but the infrastructure for that
>> requires many manual steps and its not easy as I expected it to be.
>>
>> - moving code from vdsm dir (/usr/share/vdsm/) to site-packages/vdsm (by
>> moving them to lib/vdsm) - this is required to avoid relative imports which
>> are not allowed in python3 - storage dir is the main gap we currently have.
>>
>> - python-modernize - Dan uses it for network tests dir and encourage us
>> to start running it for our parts
>>

> Where is this tool?

 dnf install python-modernize

--