[ovirt-devel] [vdsm][virt] what's new in virt (20160224)

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 11:27:55 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Here it is a new weekly summary about what's going on on virt's world (VDSM edition).
The virt team is heading at full throttle towards new features, without of course neglecting
bufixes. The team is focusing on new shiny features, or on large cleanups and refactoring to make
new features possible, or both :)

General directions:
* Francesco: more work on the codename `convirt'[1] module mostly (support containers with libvirt API).
  the module is shaping up nicely, I'm near to run containers through it. Preliminar Vdsm patches have
  been posted. Changes to Engine are expected to be minimal. Expect a comprehensive overview on the
  (new shiny!) wiki next week.
* MartinPolednik: more work onNUMA cleanup
* MartinBetak: patches for (http://wiki.ovirt.org/Features/Migration_Enhancements)
* Milan: posted patch set to cleanup vmdevices.
* Shahar: porting v2v to the new jobs infrastructure
* Vinzenz: Guest Lifecycle Events (and Hooks).
  - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:master+topic:guest-lifecycle-events

Patch topics in need of attention
* Tomas/MartinBetak
   Their http://wiki.ovirt.org/Features/Migration_Enhancements - related patches are been reviewed
   and received feedback. Initial patches were merged
* Francesco: low need: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:master+topic:bz1309884
* MartinPolednik: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:master+topic:numa
* Milan: low need - already partially reviewed: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/topic:vm-devices-move-prep
* Shahar: it seems the patches are receiving attention
* Vinzenz: it seems the patches are receiving attention

Single patches in need of attention:
* Francesco:
  - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/53958
* MartinPolednik:
  - N/A
* Milan:
  - N/A
* Shahar:
  https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/52858/ - again!
* Vinzenz:
  - N/A

That's all for this week!

+++

[1] We are aware of possible naming issues as pointed out last week.
will evaluate new name when the module actually starts doing something useful :)

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D