[ovirt-devel] NGN - Network error when adding a new NGN node

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 14:36:36 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Yaniv Bronheim <ybronhei at redhat.com> wrote:
> I suspect that it relates to the desire to remove the dependency in vdsm-cli
> - https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/53831/ which is not merged yet. and Fabian

Moti and I discussed this a bit off list, adn we found an issue:

It looks like vdsm-cli provides vdsClient.
vdsClient is required by thevdsm sos plugin.
The vdsm sos plugin is part f the vdsm package.

Thus: If vdsm is instaleld without the vdsm-cli, then the sos plugin
will not work.
vdsm should either have a dependency on the vdsm-cli pkg (which would
also fix the host deploy issue), or the sos plugin should be relocated
into a subpackage with the dependency on the vdsm-cli pkg.

Thoughts?

Independently of that Moti convinced me that the vdsClient tool is a
useful tool, thus we'll pull it in through our release file:

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/53972 node: Add vdsm-cli dependency

Moti, I wonder: Would it make sense to create a package, let's call it
ovirt-host - which will depened on all of the dependencies recommended
for a host? (like vdsm, and vdsm-cli). It would basically have the
dependencies which are currently installed during the host-deploy
process.

- fabian

--
Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com>