[ovirt-devel] Summary for Vdsm sync 12.1

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 16:15:18 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Piotr Kliczewski
<piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Yaniv Bronheim <ybronhei at redhat.com> wrote:
>> (edwad, nsoffer, pkliczew, alitke, fromani, ybronhei)
>>
>> Python3 current work and gaps -
>> https://docs.google.com/a/redhat.com/spreadsheets/d/180F-C1jU54ajUn7TuR-NwrKRZY1IiZI1Z8U5HWbvEvM/edit?usp=sharing
>> Current main gaps are the removal of deathSignal to unify cpopen api to
>> standard Popen api, and AsyncProc which uses StringIO internal attributes
>> which don't exist in six's stringIO . because of those two we can't import
>> commands.py which most of the tests use.
>>
>> Jsonrpc client - we need to close gaps before disabling xmlrpc client -
>> Pioter can add more words about the gaps that we currently have.
>>

> We have following gaps:
> - Image upload still uses xmlrpc server

This is not related to xmlrpc, the upload/download is plain http request.
it happen to be in the same server since we did not want to open
a new port for providing uploads/downloads. We can easily drop
the xmlrpc server and replace it with plain http server doing only
the uploads.

A better option is to use vdsm-imaged daemon we work on, providing
upload/download/random I/O for images over http. This project should
be ready for next version.
See https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/admin/projects/vdsm-imaged